Date: April 29, 2014
Thursday, May 22, 2014
8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Microsoft Offices in Pittsburgh, PA
Do you need to build a High Availability (HA) and/or Disaster Recovery (DR) strategy for SQL Server Databases? If so, you will no doubt have questions like:
- What does a good High Availability or Disaster Recovery strategy look like?
- What options are available to help implement a proper HA/DR strategy?
- What do I do if my database server goes down?
- How do I mitigate downtime for planned outages?
- How much time do I have to recover, and which native SQL Server features helps me reach my goal?
- How does this work with my company’s existing HA/DR strategy?
Linchpin People & SIOS are offering this seminar to answer those questions and more!
In this all-day training, we will help teach you the fundamentals and best practices of building and implementing a full HA/DR Strategy for your company. You will learn how to build a recovery plan by mastering the basics of backups and restores. You will also learn how to implement and monitor log shipping, database mirroring, replication, Windows clustering, SQL Server Failover Clustering Instances, and the new Availability Group features. After this training session, you will have the knowledge to design, implement and manage your very own high availability and disaster recovery (HA/DR) plan.
Presenters: John Sterrett and Tim Radney