Fact Sheet: Oil & Gas
Protecting Systems from Downtime and Data Loss
SIOS Technology’s high availability and disaster recovery (HA/DR) software protects critical applications, databases, and systems used in the oil and gas industry from downtime and disasters due to infrastructure, network, and application failures.
Protects Both Windows and Linux Applications and Databases
SIOS offers the flexibility to build SAN and SANless clusters for Windows or Linux environments on-premises physical servers, virtualized servers, and in the cloud. Easily move Windows Server Failover Clustering to the cloud without disruption, or build a Linux clustering environment with application-specific intelligence built-in. Configure clusters across cloud availability zones and regions for maximum HA/DR protection, or create hybrid cloud to meet your specific needs. SIOS helps you ensure regulatory requirements are met, while keeping your systems online and available at all times.
Use SIOS DataKeeper Cluster Edition software to protect your business-critical Windows applications and the databases they run on, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, in a physical, virtual, or cloud environment. Add SIOS DataKeeper to a Windows Server Failover Clustering environment to create a SANless cluster where traditional shared storage clusters are impossible or impractical. Fast, efficient host-based replication synchronizes local storage on all cluster nodes for maximum configuration flexibility. Or, add replication to your existing SAN-based Windows cluster for DR.
- Configuration Flexibility – Protect all server workloads. Replicate within a single site or across data centers.
- Cost-Savings – Advanced clustering without costly application upgrades (e.g. SQL Server Enterprise Edition)
- Reduce Complexity – Migrate on-prem WSFC to cloud without disruption
SIOS Protection Suite for Linux
Run business-critical applications on-premises or in a flexible, scalable cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, without sacrificing performance or high availability/disaster recovery (HA/DR) protection. SIOS clusters uniquely failover across cloud regions or availability zones for true HA protection. SIOS Protection Suite includes powerful Application Recovery Kits (ARKs) , that automate manual tasks, monitor the entire application stack, and ensure failovers are reliable and maintain application-specific best practices. SIOS ARKs ensure HA/DR protection out-of-the-box without the need for tuning, manual scripting, or specialized training.
- Advanced Automation – Auto-validated user input eliminates the need for costly, specialized skills and the risk inherent in manual scripting to configure and manage a cluster in complex environments used in the Oil and Gas industry
- Deep application monitoring – Monitors the entire application environment
- Application-aware automated failover – maintains compliance with application best practices for reliable failovers without surprises
The Industry’s Most Reliable Failover Protection
SIOS products protect critical applications and databases on which the systems used by oil and gas companies run from downtime and data loss.
HA/DR Fact Sheet
Applications used in the oil and gas industry, such as Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), that run on SQL Server, SAP HANA, and Oracle databases can be protected by SIOS HA/DR solutions.
Environments & Platforms Protected
Microsoft Azure Cloud, AWS EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Hybrid Cloud, VMware, Hyper-V, On-Premises
Operating Systems Protected
Windows, SUSE Linux, Red Hat Linux, Rocky Linux
Databases and ERPs Protected
SQL Server, SAP, SAP S/4HANA, Oracle, SharePoint, MaxDB and many others
Unlike traditional shared storage clusters, SIOS synchronizes local storage in a SANless
configuration, enabling failover clusters in physical, virtual, cloud, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Get a free trial of SIOS High Availability and Disaster Recovery Clustering Software
- Learn more about SIOS DataKeeper
- Download Fact Sheet PDF
Reproduced with permission from SIOS